About Malta And Gozo – Facts And Figures
Malta is an ideal multinational location for efficient international business contacts. Located at a strategic crossroad between Europe and Africa, Malta is a meeting point of cultures and languages at the centre of the Mediterranean. As one of the most popular destinations, the Maltese Islands have plenty to offer visitors – whether they are here for a short time, or planning to invest long-term for business or pleasure.
“MALTA’S CLIMATE IS STRONGLY INFLUENCED BY THE SEA AND IS TYPICALLY MEDITERRANEAN”
An exciting archipelago, the Islands cover an area of 316 square kilometres and have a population of just over 400,000. Malta (Capital: Valletta) is the largest of the three islands, stretching some 27 kilometres from north to south. Its topography is characterised by a series of low hills with fields on slopes, and its coastline is well indented, with numerous harbours, bays, creeks and a few sandy beaches.
In Malta one can now hear Italian, Danish, Swedish, Russian, besides English and Maltese among all the other languages. With superbly sunny weather, beaches, a fantastic nightlife and rich culture, the islands are able to offer a wonderful eclectic culture.
Gozo, the second-largest island, has retained its more traditional air; the countryside is greener, cleaner and more spectacular, while the pace of life is certainly slower. Meanwhile, Comino – the smallest of the three – is pretty much uninhabited, with just one hotel and a very popular sandy bay that tourists relish during the summer months. International Living Magazine has recommended Malta, as having the best climate and best place to live.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- “Malta is the Best Place to Retire” – Yahoo Finance
- “Malta One of Best Places to Live Abroad 2013” – A Place in the Sun – Magazine
- “Malta Wins Destination of the Year Award 2012” – 2012 TTG Awards
- “Malta Voted Best Climate on Earth!” – International Living – Magazine
THE MALTESE ISLANDS – FACTS AND FIGURES
- Official name: Republic of Malta
- Area (km2): 316
- Population: 415,614
- Capital: Valletta
- Currency: Euro (€)
- Date of joining EU: 01 May 2004
- Head of state: Dr George Abela, since April 2009
- Head of government: Dr Joseph Muscat since March 2013, leading the Labour Party.
- GDP (billions €): 6.6bn (est. 2012)
- GDP per capita in PPS: € 20,500 (est. 2012)
- Real growth rate of GDP: 1.2% (est. 2012)
- Unemployment rate: 6 % (est. 2012)
- National debt as % of GDP: 77% (est. 2012)
- Inflation: 2.5% (est. 2012)
- Public deficit/surplus as % of GDP: -3.9% (est. 2012)
For further information about the lastest Malta apartments for Sale, high-end property for sale in Malta and for rent, kindly fill the Contact Us form. Or call us on +356 2010 8070