Portomaso, St. Julian’s
Portomaso is nowadays considered to be Malta’s most exclusive residential, leisure and business address. This seafront, semi-gated, self-sufficient, car-free complex includes: 420 luxury apartments; a 5 star-deluxe Hilton Hotel Malta affording 406 rooms, Yacht Marina; 23 storey Business Tower; Shopping Complex; Restaurants; Beach Club; Health Club and 5 levels of underground Parking. Portomaso has not only established itself locally, but has also gained recognition internationally. It has also received a number of accolades including ‘The Best Marina Development in Europe Award’ in the prestigious International Property Award, for three consecutive years and ‘The Award for Outstanding Landscaping’ from the British Association of Landscape Industries. Last but not least, it is also worth noting, that Hilton International consider the Portomaso Hilton Malta to be one of its flagship hotels.
Portomaso holds the crown as one of the most exclusive residential, business and leisure addresses on the island. Located in the centre of St Julian’s on the coast of the Mediterranean and focused around the five-star Hilton Hotel complex, the area was conceived and developed by Tumas Group and has won a string of accolades since its completion in 1999.
Awards and Achievements
- “Best Marina Development” – Jaguar
- “Best Luxury Development” – Homes Overseas
- “Best Marina Development” – Homes Overseas
- “Certificate of Excellence” – Trip Advisor
The waterfront development spans 128,000 square metres and comprises a luxury yacht marina, the 406-room Hilton, a 23-story business tower which is the highest in Malta, conference venue, shopping mall, and 420 apartments which are some of the most luxurious homes in Malta. These properties include top-floor Penthouses with staff quarters, private pools and high quality finishes, and large spacious duplexes with sea views.
The communal areas of the Marina are maintained to prestige standards, with a 24-hour security team, landscapers, and premium business and restaurants/bars taking residence in the offices and retail sites within Portomaso. The development is popular with local buyers and foreign investors.
The latest addition to this Award Winning development is Portomaso Residence 31. This complex is made up of one and two bedroom Duplex Apartments; standard one and two bedroom Apartments; and two and three bedroom Penthouses.
These Duplex Apartments are modern, ‘loft-style’ structures (built on two levels) affording a luxurious, spacious one or two bedroom generous layout. These apartments are being sold fully finished including furniture and fittings and enjoy the unique Portomaso life-style.
If you really want to spoil yourself, we can offer the even more lavish sea front Duplex Apartments with private swimming pool, and garden terraces. These are currently in an open plan, shell form stage, and can be finished to purchaser’s taste and specifications. These duplex apartments combine sophistication and breath taking views,and offer the ultimate seafront residence within the development.
Situated a stone’s throw away from the sea, offering sea and marina views, the average total area of a duplex apartment is around 440 sq.m, the space one would normally associate with a villa. Upper levels include a wide entrance hall, an open plan kitchen/ living/dining which overlooks a generous, garden terrace area, three spacious bedrooms, en-suite and walk-in wardrobe, guest bathroom and utility room.
The apartments’ lower levels also enjoy a private entrance with access to the private pool. This level can be used as an extension of the sleeping guest quarters (complete with bathroom, kitchen and living area) or as a games room, gym or home cinema for entertaining. In short this is the ultimate residence in the leading development in Malta.
To compliment these duplex apartments in Block 31, we also have on offer, a very small selection of standard one bedroom apartments (75 sq.m). These apartments are being offered finished to the highest of standards, fully furnished & air-conditioned and are ready to move into. Most apartments enjoy town views and the peaceful, tranquil ambiance Portomaso has to offer.
We also have on offer more lavish, larger apartments,(from 220 sq.m),overlooking the picturesque yacht marina and the open Mediterranean Sea. These spacious homes comprise a generous, open plan, living area made up of a large kitchen/living/dining overlooking a large front terrace enjoying views; three spacious bedrooms with walk-in wardrobe and en-suite facilities, guest bathroom and utility room. The terrace enjoys post card views of our exclusive Marina and breathtaking, open Mediterranean sea views. Apartments will be sold complete and tailor made to ones requirements. Currently in shell form, these last remaining units, give one the opportunity to customise the property to one’s taste.
In Block 31, one may acquire a choice of two penthouses : a two bedroom (total area 227 sq.m & a three bedroom ( total area 296 sq.m) penthouse, enjoying Sea, Bay and Town views. Each of them are an example of the height of style and an expression of tasteful individuality. Built in a frame structure to afford flexibility, their layout may be adopted to suit the purchaser’s needs, ideas and lifestyle. Currently in shell form but with common parts completed, both penthouses boast very bright, generous accommodations with large surrounding, sunny terraces.
In residence 29 we have recently released our last remaining penthouse. This large, unique, corner, penthouse boasts an internal accommodation of 276 sq.m overlooking 166 sq.m of surrounding terraces including private splash pool, commanding picturesque Mediterranean sea, Bay and Marina views. Once again offered in a frame structure, this last remaining property may be completed to owner’s personal request.
Portomaso has proven to be the most exceptional investment opportunity in Malta’s property market and due to this success, many Portomaso residents have even purchased a second apartment. The complex offers an exclusive lifestyle by the water’s edge in a five star ambiance. Nothing compares to Portomaso.
- Plumbing – Hot and cold plumbing installation to bathrooms, shower rooms and kitchen as indicated in plan. Domestic hot water provided by local electrical water heaters.
- Electrical – Power and lighting installation to all rooms and power points for eventual installation of air conditioning fan coil, main switch and circuit breakers will be installed as indicated in architectural drawing attached to contract.
- Bathrooms – Sanitary ware in bathroom as indicated in plans.
- Drainage – Drainage system bathooms and kitchen installed and connected to existing sewage stacks in adjacent shafts, in turn connected to main government sewer.
- Telephone – Telephone outlets installed as indicated in plans.
- TV – Television outlets provided as indicated in plans.
- Intercom – One video intercom in main entrance of both apartment levels.
- Air-Conditioning – Air conditioning installed in block 31 excluding penthouses. In other blocks air conditioning has to be installed by purchaser.
- Front door – Solid alder or similar wood door with automatic opening device connected to audio-visual intercom.
- Stairs, floors and railings – Floors, stair treads, riser, sides and skirting in marble. Railings in aluminum with wooden handrail.
- Wall finishes – Gypsum rendered, finished with plastic emulsion paint.
- Lift – Two lifts per block, equipped with auto level to stop in case of power failure.
- Illumination – Lighting to stair hall, stair well with sensor switches and power failure backup lighting.
- Parking facilities – Optional underground parking for residents with access to stairs and lifts through a security controlled door.
- External apertures in common parts – Anodised aluminum apertures.
- Garbage – Residents have the use of a communal garbage room at ground floor level.
- Foul and rainwater drainage – Main runs for foul and rainwater drainage for connection at each apartment.
- Water and electricity supply – The water and electricity supply will be provided up to the metering cubicle of each apartment.
- Facade finish – Facade walls will be finished by vendor in natural stone or rendered as per architects’ drawing.
- Terrace/balcony handrails – Pultruded corrosion resistant, structural fiberglass railings to balconies and terraces.
- Waterproofing – 4mm thick waterproofing membrane will be laid wherever necessary as well as anti root membrane in the planters.
- Planted areas – The planted areas will be completed as per architects’ drawings.
- Lighting Protection System – A central lightning protection system is installed at Portomaso to protect all the blocks in the development.
- Fire alarm – Fire alarm coverage is provided for all common areas of the block and staircases. An alarm bell is provided in each apartment and connected to the security office of the complex.
- Electric generator – A common electric generator to provide electricity for common staircases, lifts and water lift pumps during power failure.
- Parapet walls – Rendered Finish.
The Laguna Project part of Portomaso Development
This is an extension to an already-built development completed in 2001 called Portomaso, a unique, waterfront residential development covering an area of 128,000 m².
Portomaso Laguna Apartments is foreseen project as a low-lying residential development whereby one can access a swimmable lagoon from their apartment / bedroom and swim out into the lagoon. The lagoon is a central feature of the overall design, comprising of approximately 3,500 m³, a depth of 1.3m. The apartment terraces are all oriented to the lagoon and Marina. The lagoon is planned to accommodate 3 artificial Islands and incased planters planted with Mediterranean trees offering shaded and tranquil place for tenants’ relaxing and socializing.
The location of the lagoon is adjacent to the sea and the existing marina. The level of the lagoon is elevated so that it is higher than the sea level by 0.80m.
To ensure that the water is of optimum quality for bathing in such a small sea-water lagoon, a system with continuous pumping the sea water to the lagoon and out falling it to the existing marina. The overall circulation will be enhanced by wall and floor jets installed along the pool perimeter and spread over the pool bed.