The Malta Residence & Golden Visa Programme (MRVP)
The Malta Residence & Golden Visa Programme is aimed at non-EU nationals who wish to obtain EU residency. With a year on year GDP growth, high standard of living and favourable tax benefits, Malta provides a safe and sound investment for those seeking to relocate to this island nestled in the Mediterranean.
Launched in 2015 the programme allows successful applicants within three to six months of their application, the right to legally reside in Malta and travel freely within the Schengen zone - subject to the continued fulfilment of the investment requirements laid out by the Maltese Government.
Eligibility & Investment Costs
Applicants will need to meet certain requirements in order to qualify for the MRVP Programme
Applicants must be;
- Over the age of 18
- Be a third-country national, non-EEA and non-Swiss
- Meet the minimum investment threshold in three areas stipulated by the Maltese Government
- A €250,000 into Government-approved investment funds to be held for a minimum of 5 years or a once off non-refundable payment of €50,000.
- A €30,000 once of contribution to the Maltese Government and a further €5,000 for every additional applicant such as the main applicant’s spouse, children or parent.
- A €270,000 property purchase or a long-term rental contract with a minimum €12,000 annual rental rate that must be held for a minimum of 5 years.
- Be able to prove a minimum income of €100,000 per year arising outside of Malta or be in possession of capital assets of no less than €500,000.
- Be in possession of health insurance that covers all risks across the EU up to €30,000
- Have a clean criminal record
- Provide biometric data
The main applicant, their spouse and any dependants will be required to provide their biometric data to the Maltese Government