For a person to be a main applicant for naturalisation as a citizen of Malta under the Individual Investor Programme, he/ she must be:
- the person is at least 18 years of age;
- the person commits himself to make the contribution determined;
- the person meets the application requirements;
- the person commits himself to provide proof of residence in Malta and to provide title to residential address in Malta; and
- the person commits himself to invest, amongst others, in stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles or to make other investments as provided from time to time.
The application needs to be accompanied with the due diligence fee, the bank charges and documentation.
- a certificate from a reputable health system that the main applicant and his dependants are not suffering from any contagious disease and that they are otherwise in good health;
- a police conduct certificate;
- evidence, through due diligence processes, that the main applicant and his dependants are fit and proper persons to hold Maltese citizenship;
- an undertaking to remit the total of the required contribution;
- an undertaking to purchase or take on lease immovable residential property in Malta;
- an undertaking to make such other investments in Malta; and
- any other document as may be required from time to time.
The Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- a proper background verification of the applicant and his dependants over the age of 12 years;
- a police certificates issued by the Malta police as well as foreign police Authorities where the applicant has resided for a period of more than 6 months during the last 10 years;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants are not individuals indicted before an International Criminal Court or who appeared at any time before an International Criminal Court;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants, shall not be persons listed with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) at the time of application;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants is not, or may not be a potential threat to national security, public policy or public health;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants shall not be an individual who, at any time, had pending charges related to crimes of terrorism, money laundering, funding of terrorism, crimes against humanity, war crimes, or crimes that infringe upon such Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms ;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants shall not be an individual who has been found guilty or has charges brought against him regarding any of the criminal offences that disturb the good order of the family;
- the applicant and, or any of his dependants shall not be an individual who at any time was found guilty, or, at the time of the application, is being interrogated and suspected, for any criminal offence.
The Investment Required
- Acquire a property in Malta having a minimum value of €350,000 and retain it for a period of at least 5 years; or
- Lease a property in Malta for a minimum annual rent of €16,000 and retain it for a period of at least 5 years.
Invest in Malta an amount of at least €150,000, in amongst other stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles, or other investment vehicles as may be identified from time to time, and retain the investment for at least 5 years.
- main applicant: €650,000;
- spouse: €25,000;
- for each and every child below 18 years of age: €25,000;
- for each and every unmarried child between 18 years of age and 26 years of age: €50,000;
- for each and every dependant parent above 55 years of age: €50,000.
The main applicant must prove that he has been a resident of Malta for a period of at least 12 months, preceding the issuance of the naturalisation certificate.
An application seeking the naturalisation as a citizen of Malta under the Individual Investor Programme must be submitted to Identity Malta by an Accredited Person (declared as such by Identity Malta) and engaged for the purposes by the applicant.
Download Fact Sheet | Download Legal Notice
For further information about how Malta Sotheby’s International Realty can assist you with the Individual Investor Programme (IIP), kindly direct your request to email@example.com and we will contact you within 24 hours to better understand your requirements.