Luxury real estate housed in SmartCity include premium apartments, detached villas, and townhouses, all designed for the Mediterranean lifestyle and surrounded by serviced common grounds and landscaped gardens. SmartCity is one of Malta’s largest, most ambitious development projects; encompassing an area of 360,000 square metres along the south Maltese coast, the site will house a modern mix of offices and retail spaces, luxury residential property, and open areas complementing the surroundings, centred on a flowing lagoon with views over the open Mediterranean.
Located in Kalkara in the south of the island, the project epitomises the ‘media city’ concept, blending information technology, business, residential and leisure in one dynamic development. The Malta facility is the first European outpost for SmartCity and is anticipated to attract global players who will focus their European operations and businesses in the area. The government of Malta is an active partner in the project and the site is expect to generate over 5,000 new jobs in ICT and the high-tech industries.
The project is nearing Phase 1 completion, with the launch of Malta’s first lagoon district comprising Grade A office space, retail options, SmartCity lagoon with choreographed fountains and water promenade, and auditorium. The development will be fully completed by 2021.
Develop a global network of self-sustaining communities to facilitate the creation of knowledge-based industries where employees can flourish, businesses can succeed and local economies prosper. SmartCity Malta is next in line to join the largest networked business spaces in the world:
- Over 4,500 knowledge-based companies.
- Each SmartCity operates as a community within a global network.
- Opportunities to extend presence within the network.
- Smooth relocation from one SmartCity to another.
- Networking and partnership opportunities, throughout the network.
- Access to different markets and talent pools.
- Sharing of global best practices.
Strategically located at the heart of the Mediterranean, Malta is a gateway to the EU, North Africa and the Middle East, and boasts a host of economic advantages:
- Low cost benefits.
- Competitive tax and government incentives (0% corporation tax, 15% flat personal income tax for expats, and training expense reimbursement).
- A robust and growing economy (10th soundest banking systems ranked by WEF, 2011).
- Excellent track record in the services industry.
- A highly educated and motivated English-speaking workforce.
- Warm Mediterranean weather and lifestyle.
- Malta, as a location, is conducive to excellence.
"A National Commitment to Succeed"
Working closely with the Government, SmartCity andthe local administration are committed to making SmartCity Malta a global knowledge-based township:
- A positive political landscape with an emphasis on driving results.
- A highly educated and motivated workforce.
- Government commitment to generating knowledge-based human capital.
- Governmental initiatives attracting FDI investment to Malta.
- Final objective - increase the share of knowledge industries within Malta’s GDP.
For further information, kindly Contact Us